So what exactly is a frameless shower door?
In years past, you may have had a shower/tub with a shower curtain. Then, you
stepped up to a framed shower door (a shower door that has thin metal framing on
all four sides). Then, you may have thought: Well, a frameless shower door
would certainly enhance the look of my bathroom. How about it?
Frameless Shower Door Basics
- Better Looking - Frameless shower doors look great. It's a
simple slab of thick tempered glass that pivots smoothly from the shower wall or
a glass shower enclosure.
- Thicker Glass - Because frameless shower doors do not have the
structural benefit of metal framing, the glass must be thicker. Glass is
typically about a quarter-inch thick.
- Heavy - A 72" x 36" frameless door may weigh as much as 70 pounds.
Compare to a framed shower door, which may weigh about 45-50 pounds.
- Easier to Clean - Solid sheet of glass has no framing to impede
- Left or Right Opening - Most frameless doors have the option of
hinges being installed on either side
Call us at 865-583-9003 and let us help you with your frameless shower door installation. Joe